Did you know that you can also use wallpaper to give a second life to your old furniture? A very simple, fun and fast activity that is within reach of all pockets and all fans of crafts and DIY.
If you have an old piece of furniture and want to give it a new look, why not decorate it with wallpaper? This practice is not only fashionable, but it is an economical and original way to redecorate your furniture. In addition, there are many paper models to choose from. With a few simple steps, in a How you will discover how to decorate a piece of furniture with wallpaper.
Steps to follow:
- First of all, before decorating a piece of furniture with wallpaper, you should sand the furniture well to prepare it. Do not forget to sand all corners, sides, and corners well. This step is essential to make the furniture look good.
- Choose a universal paper cleaner and spread it all over the furniture. Like the previous step, you must extend it well on the sides, the inside and the corners.
- Paint the furniture with a synthetic enamel (you choose the color depending on the paper you are going to use). If you want to cover all the furniture only with paper, you can skip this step. In case you want to combine the paint with the paper, spread the enamel with a small roller all over the furniture. Before the glue has completely dried, you must wipe the surface with a dry cloth or a brush to eliminate these air bubbles.
- Let the paint dry for at least 12 hours and give it a second coat so that the furniture absorbs the paint well. Let it dry again.
- Choose the paper that you like the most. There is a wide range of roles: with flowers, with geometric drawings, smooth, with letters, etc.
- Put glue on the paper and spread it with a brush on it. Next, place the paper all over the furniture or failing that, for the visible parts of it (the front and sides, the interior does not need to be lined with paper). The wallpaper you must choose should match the ambiance of our room, that is, with the curtains, the furniture, the paintings, and all the decorative items.
- As there will be some paper left over, so that it is as close as possible to the furniture, use a knife to cut the excess paper . Better to do it with a blade than with scissors, so the result will be more perfect.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to decorate a piece of furniture with wallpaper, we recommend you to enter our category of DIY and Remodeling.
- You can cover both old and new furniture with wallpaper, as well as drawers, wardrobe doors, shelves …
- The wallpaper can be used both to cover a piece of furniture inside and to line outside the furniture, for example, a drawer.