The appearance of yellowish or grayish spots on the teeth is an aesthetic problem that warns of the premature wear of the enamel that protects the teeth. Therefore, it is common that you want to whiten your teeth.
These spots appear in the form of dots or stripes and, in fact, sometimes occupy more than half of the tooth, so it is more noticeable. This is because the dentine is unprotected by the deterioration of its surface layer, facilitating the absorption of the color of certain foods and beverages.
In addition, bad habits such as smoking and consuming alcohol, some types of injuries and changes, the result of aging, have much to do with their development.
Although they can be corrected with some professional dental procedures, there are some home methods that can give good results in their decrease.
Even with ingredients as cheap as baking soda, we can develop very effective remedies to whiten your teeth naturally.
Are you interested?
1) Baking soda and salt to whiten your teeth
The sodium bicarbonate and salt remedy not only facilitates the elimination of the unsightly coloring of the teeth but, in turn, combats the inflammation in the gums and the possible bacteria that generate infections.
These cleaning agents exfoliate an effect on the teeth and remove the remains of food that are generating spots.
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda (10 g)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (5 g)
- 3 tablespoons of water (30 ml)
- First, combine all the ingredients until you get a thick paste and rub them with the help of a brush.
- Then, perform a light massage for 1 or 2 minutes and rinse.
- Use it three times a week.
2) Baking soda with lemon juice
The first remedy for whitening your teeth is due to the astringent properties of baking soda and lemon juice, which come together to provide a natural rinse for stained teeth.
It’s acid compounds exert an antibacterial action that helps regulate the pH of the mouth to prevent bacterial growth and halitosis.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (5 g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (10 ml)
- First, moisten the baking soda with fresh lemon juice and apply it to the teeth with the help of a brush.
- Then, let it act for 3 to 5 minutes and rinse.
- Use it once a day, every day.